Priced at $499,900
73 Casmir Road, Fairfield, CT 06824
Beautiful Home Backs up to Golf Course - You’re going to LOVE this stylishly updated home! It sits in a great location, nestled up to Fairchild Wheeler Golf Course, which offers lots of privacy. The large level yard with its New England stone wall even has views of the 13th hole! The current owners have done an amazing job of updating the house while retaining the original charm! Some of the many features include Hardwood Floors throughout, a big bright Family Room with a wood-burning Fireplace, a Formal Dining Room, 3 Fully Updated Bathrooms, in Subway tile walls with Wood Plank tile floors, a Fully Finished Lower Playroom with recessed lights, full sized windows and walk out to the Backyard. There’s also a new Full Bath on this level. The Two Car Garage is a feature you’ll also love! 200 amp electrical and newer mechanicals in tip-top shape! Roof - 2008
Top Ten Reasons to live at 73 Casmir Drive:
1. Our backyard. Quiet, serene and open with plenty of privacy and space to play with our children and host picnics and barbecues in the warmer months.
2. The golf course. We love spending days and nights sipping coffee or cocktails watching golfers on the 13th hole and joining neighborhood friends by hopping over the stone wall and sledding down the steep hills with each snowfall.
3. Proximity to family-friendly places. We love walking half a mile to Owen Fish Park which offers a large playground, tennis courts and fields. We drive two miles down into Easton to pick apples, pumpkins, Christmas trees and visit the petting farm.
4. Quick access to Lake Mohegan. It provides over 170 acres of endless entertainment and is a little over a mile from our home. Not only is there a lake to enjoy in the summer, there are extensive hiking trails and a dog park with a designated dog swimming nook. The park has a splash pad for children, a new playground and activities like movie nights throughout the summer.
5. Great neighborhood. It's peaceful with little thru traffic and the neighbors are extremely friendly. There is an annual ice cream block party and ad-hoc get-togethers throughout the year.
6. Nearby shopping. Blackrock turnpike is two miles away and has Trader Joe's and Shop-Rite. A mile down Easton Turnpike is the Merritt Parkway and we often head south to downtown Westport or a mile north to the Trumbull Shopping Center. Westport offers mom-and-pop-shops, local chains and national retailers, distinctive eateries, indoor and outdoor entertainment venues, galleries, a museum, historical landmarks, and natural beauty – all within a short walk. The Trumbull Shopping Center has over 165 enclosed stores including a Target. Also, downtown Fairfield is a quick drive and has amazing shops, restaurants, a library and much more.
7. Our flourishing garden. Due to full sun on the side of our house and no animals, we have thriving gardens all summer long.
8. Commute ease. Our house is close to both the Merritt Parkway and the Fairfield Metro train station which provides us with easy commutes to work and an easy ride into New York City, at a little over an hour.
9. Mom-and-pop-shops. Joe's Bagels, Maoines Italian Restaurant and Dragon 168 Chinese Restaurant, at only a half mile away, have provided us with countless meals from morning to night to football Sundays. Plus, a new spirits store opened and the owner stocks it with the locals' preferences!
10. Our backyard. Needs mentioning again, just take a look at the privacy.